2016 marks the 50th Anniversary of the Star Trek original TV series. Gene Roddenberry’s Star Trek debuted in 1966, and ran for three seasons until 1969.
Since its debut, Star Trek has developed into a cultural phenomenon with a range of spinoff television series and a number of feature films being released over the past five decades. The series explored a variety of societal themes and issues including a Utopian society, war and peace, imperialism, economics, racial equality, religion, human rights, feminism, and the role of technology.
* Diameter - 7” x 3”
* Weight - 1/10 gram, .0035 oz.
* Gold Content - 1/10 Gram 24K Gold
* Box & measurements - Black bi-fold holder 7.5” x 4.0” x 0.125”
* Obverse - Colorized with images of crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701
* Reverse - Negative image of reverse
Using a proprietary process, very thin and precise quantities of gold are accumulated between layers of polyester film. On a standard 1/10 gram 24K gold Aurum.
The gold in an Aurum is in a thin sheet. The Aurum is printed with high resolution, full-color text and graphics. The result is a beautiful way to use gold for artistic and commemorative purposes.
Click on Thumbnail for larger image.