From 478 to 413 BCE Athens appropriated 5,000 talents of silver from Delian League funds.
A portion of these funds were used to rebuild and finance the largest building projects in Greece. This included the rebuilding of the Athenian temple on the Acropolis. In 447 BCE Pericles started construction of the new temple, the Parthenon.
Dedicated to Athena, its name most likely comes from the cult statue of Athena Parthenos, housed in the temple building. Surrounded by a colonnade, the main room contained the statue of Athena adorned with smaller statues depicting Athena' life.
* Our Frames come with Easel to display on your Desktop or Shelf, or they can be Hung on your Wall.
* Coins are attached via removable glue dots and protected by a clear glass cover.
* Comes in a 5" x 7" display frame
* Select from Your Choice of 5 Different Frames
* All replica coins are double-sided and made of lead-free pewter
* Coins are marked "copy" on one side to conform to the Hobby Protection Act
* Made in the USA
Click on Thumbnails for larger images