This Historical Replica Set represents leading historical Greek and Roman leaders whose physical likeness appears on the coin's face. All six replicas were originally struck in silver.
* Alexander The Great - This Tetradrachm was produced by Ptolemy I of Egypt in 320 B.C. honoring the great warrior king who at the time of his premature death in 323 B.C. had created by conquest the largest known empire.
* Julius Caesar - The most famous of all Romans was Julius Caesar, a great military general, writer, and statesman who is credited with laying the foundation of the Roman Empire.
* Mark Anthony, Cleopatra VII, and Octavian (Augustus) - Following Caesar’s assassination a rivalry for control of Rome took place. With the death of Cleopatra, Egypt became a Roman province in 31 BCE. The Mark Anthony Cistphorus on its reverse shows the bust of Octavia flanked by two snakes. Cleopatra’s coin was probably made in Ascalon, Judea. It shows and eagle standing with closed wings.
* Nero - Nero was the last emperor of the Julio-Claudian dynasty started by his great-great-grandfather, Augustus. The Nero Denarius issued two years before his death shows the personification of the goddess Salus enthroned.
* Our Frames come with Easel to display on your Desktop or Shelf, or they can be Hung on your Wall.
* Coins are attached via removable glue dots and protected by a clear glass cover.
* Comes in a 5" x 7" display frame
* Select from Your Choice of 5 Different Frames
* All replica coins are double-sided and made of lead-free pewter
* Coins are marked "copy" on one side to conform to the Hobby Protection Act
* Made in the USA
Click on Thumbnails for larger images