In 31 BCE, the civil war between Octavian and Mark Anthony began. On September 2, the naval battle of Actium took place. Mark Anthony and Cleopatra were forced to flee back to Alexandria. In August 30 BCE, Octavian invaded Egypt. Mark Anthony and Cleopatra committed suicide.
With the death of Mark Anthony, Octavian was the undisputed ruler of Rome. The fall of the Roman Republic was complete The rise of the Roman Empire was beginning.
The death of Cleopatra VII, marks the end of the Hellenistic era begun by Alexander the Great in 360 BCE. The Roman era in the eastern Mediterranean was beginning. Cleopatra VII was the last Pharaoh of Ancient Egypt. Her son by Julius Caesar, Caesarion, ruled only a few years before being executed by Octavian.
* Our Frames come with Easel to display on your Desktop or Shelf, or they can be Hung on your Wall.
* Coins are attached via removable glue dots and protected by a clear glass cover.
* Comes in a 5" x 7" display frame
* Select from Your Choice of 5 Different Frames
* All replica coins are double-sided and made of lead-free pewter
* Coins are marked "copy" on one side to conform to the Hobby Protection Act
* Made in the USA
Click on Thumbnails for larger images